[MESSAGE from Samsung Electro-Mechanics] Publication 2021-2022 Sustainability Report
- ▶Disclosure of major achievements and plans related to SEM's management activities
- - Describe the increased independence of the Board of Directors, eco-friendly management activities and performance, various social contribution activities, etc.
- - Actively disclose management matters by raising the reporting standards as by reflecting the SASB and TCFD guidelines
- ▶SEM’s CEO Chang Duckhyun revealed his aspirations for ESG management through the Sustainability Report
- - Sustainable growth based on super-gap technology in the face of a rapidly changing industry paradigm
- - SEM will establish itself as a trusted company with the 3Ps (Planet, People, Progress) as the priority value of management
Samsung Electro-Mechanics (SEM) published the ‘2021-2022 Sustainability Report’ on Jun. 30. This report, which details the company's management activities in 2021, was created to inform various stakeholders about the specifics of SEM's major business projects and management activities.
In this report, SEM describes its management activities in five key areas: demonstration of transparency for leading corporate governance, climate change response, waste resource circulation, diversity, fairness and inclusion in workplace, and increased social responsibility. The quality of the report has been improved by quantitative and qualitative descriptions of major achievements for different areas, mid- to long-term goals, plans to achieve the goals etc.
Starting this year, SEM has reflected the standards for each industry of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the disclosure recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) in the reporting standards, actively satisfying the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), an international sustainability management reporting standard.
SEM's CEO Chang Duckhyun said, "SEM is moving forward with the aim of becoming a company with happy employees that continues to grow unwaveringly with challenging goals and No. 1 products that overwhelm competitors." He added, “SEM will establish itself as a trusted company in the global market by prioritizing the fulfillment of environmental responsibility (planet), the pursuit of happiness for members of society (people), and sustainable growth (progress).”
SEM has been publishing sustainability reports since 2006, and has issued a total of eleven reports so far. This year's report disclosed quantitative data on ESG over the past five years to disclose the company's business management to various stakeholders. 2021-2022 Sustainability Report can be viewed through the link below.